Over the last couple weeks, I have received a number of awards and prizes from a variety of wonderful bloggers, and I wanted to make sure to thank them all. So let’s go through these:
Jill from The Cinquecento Project awarded me the Liebster Blog Award, coming from the German word “lieb” meaning “dear,” “good,” or “kind.” Thank you so much, Jill!
The Liebster Blog Award is for bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. It is a peer award, bestowed by a blogger who recognizes worthwhile content when she reads it, or when he follows it. I actually have more than 200 followers by now, but Jill was kind enough to give me the award so I will do my best to spread the love. The hard part will be finding bloggers among my favorites who have fewer than 200 followers. Actually, half the time I can’t even FIND how many followers they have, so I’m just gonna have to go with the blogs I love.
The rules of this award are simple:
1) Copy and paste the award onto your blog
2) Thank the person who gave you the award and link to their blog
3) Choose five other bloggers to give the award to, post them here and let them know via their comments
4) By spreading the love, hope that readers/other bloggers will “pay it forward”
And so, I would like to spread the love to the follow blogs:
Jess Witkin’s The Happiness Project: Jess is always cheerful and supportive, her blog posts are fun, and she always has something interesting to say.
The Bibliophile’s Corner by Ashley Prince: Ashley posts fantastic book reviews, great top 10 lists, and she’s participating in an INSANE number of reading challenges this year.
Elisa Knuckle’s blog: Elisa blogs about a variety of fun things that come up in her life, and she’s working on a few different writing projects. She always leaves kind and enthusiastic comments, and also kindly awarded me the Versatile Blogger Award (which I’ll get to in just a minute).
Marcy Kennedy and Lisa Hall-Wilson, the Girls with Pens: These two lovely ladies offer up great advice for writers of all kinds, and are enormously supportive as well. I simply love their useful posts.
Lucid Dreams and Saturn Skies by Andrew Kincaid: Andrew’s blog is the home of all things creepy and scary, with posts about horror books and movies, creepy paranormal tales, and links to his own short stories. Also, the blog title is just cool.
There are some more blogs I could come up with, but they have already received the Liebster Blog Award (a few of them several times), so I’ll just leave it at this.
Next, (as I mentioned) Elisa Knuckle awarded me the Versatile Blogger Award. Thank you very much, Elisa! (Go check out her blog, folks!) The rules of this award are that you must post 7 facts about yourself, and send the award along to other bloggers. However, as I have already received the Versatile Blogger Award twice before, and I have sent it along to as many bloggers as I could possibly think of, I will simple give you 7 more facts about myself, and move on.
1) I am absolutely mind-numbingly terrified of spiders. Seriously, I can’t look at them on tv, when I see one at home and I can’t even get close enough to it to kill it, I have nightmares about them. *shudder* I just can’t handle them!
2) I LOVE roller coasters. I’m obsessed with them. They are AMAZING. One of my goals into ride ever roller coaster in the United States.
3) I have read the book Mairelon the Magician by Patricia C. Wrede AT LEAST 50 times. Possibly more. That book and Pride and Prejudice are my two biggest comfort books. Whenever I get really depressed, I read Mairelon the Magician. Whenever I finish reading a really heavy, intense, involved book or series, I read Mairelon the Magician to “clean my palette,” so to speak. Every summer, I take a couple days to re-read Mairelon the Magician. See a pattern here? Yeah, I’m obsessed… I know it.
4) I’m an anime geek. I don’t watch quite as much anime or read as manga as I did in high school and during my undergrad, but I will always love them. I have spent more money than I care to admit on anime, manga, posters, t-shirts, figurines, etc.
5) I have four cats and a dog. Well, technically the dog and one of the cats belong to my brother, but we all live in the same house, and they all keep my on my toes. It is NOT easy to take care of four cats, especially since 1 of them is 15 yrs old (he’s my old man and my baby all wrapped up in one), one is a coward, and the other two DON’T get along. Also, the dog’s an idiot…
6) I buy WAY too much clothing. Yes, I am one of those women who just can’t stop buying clothes. I’m not as bad as my aunt (take my word for it), and I only buy what I can actually afford (without credit cards, I might add), but I still have more than will fit in my rather large closet. It’s a problem. *sigh*
7) One of my biggest guilty pleasures is watching all the HGTV interior designs shows AND Say Yes to the Dress on TLC. I love interior design, architecture, color designs, etc. Someday, I really want to design and decorate my own house (though that isn’t likely to happen). And as for Say Yes to the Dress… well, it’s just addictive.
Lastly, I’ve won a couple different prizes recently. First, on The Happiness Project, Jess Witkin’s ran a contest for predicting the Academy Awards a couple weekends ago. I got the most right, and won some movie-related prizes. And, as part of the “Books That Made Me Love Reading” Challenge that Emlyn Chand is hosting, I won the February random comment prize, and won an amazon gift card and a signed copy of Emlyn Chand’s excellent YA novel Farsighted.
Okay, I think that brings me up to date! The semester is still keeping me crazy-busy, but next week is spring break, so hopefully I’ll have some free time on my hands to post a couple times.
Until then, take care everyone!