1) A couple weeks ago, I wrote a review of Terri G. Long’s novel In Leah’s Wake as part of a blog tour run by Novel Publicity. For that review, I won best blog entry, and received a $100 Amazon gift card as a prize! It was very very cool, and I am very grateful to the folks at Novel Publicity for choosing me.
2) This week I participated in another blog tour run by Novel Publicity, this time for Farsighted, a YA fantasy novel by Emlyn Chand (who also happens to be the very awesome president of Novel Publicity). If you haven’t seen those posts yet, please check out this author interview from Monday, and my review of Farsighted from Wednesday. On both posts you can find information about entering to win prizes. Today (Friday) is the last day to participate, so don’t wait!
3) I had a wonderful Christmas. Christmas Eve at one aunt and uncle’s house. Christmas at my house with my mother and brother (I made Coq Au Vin for Christmas dinner, and it turned out pretty damn good, if I do say so myself. And we went to the movies to see Sherlock Holmes 2: A Game of Shadows). And Boxing Day (the day after Christmas), also at my house, with my grandmother and another aunt and uncle, for which my mother and I made ham with all the usual side dishes.
4) I received a $250 Amazon gift card from my father and stepmother for Christmas, and I am going to have a BLAST spending it all (especially in conjunction with the $100 I already received from the blog tour prize). ^__^
5) I also received a record player, which I’d been begging my mother for. I’ve been playing the records I already have almost to death, and it’s definitely time to add to my little collection. Thankfully, I just learned of a decent-sized records store not too far from where I live, so my brother and I are planning a trip to spend more money. ^__^
6) For next week, I should be back to my usual blogging schedule: Science/Fantasy Monday, Bookworm Wednesday, and Free-For-All Friday. I’ll have another book review for you on Wednesday, as I have just finished reading Beka Cooper: Mastiff by Tamora Pierce. I was thinking about doing a review of the new Sherlock Holmes movie too, but I’m not sure how many people care. I guess we’ll see…
7) I should be making more minor (and possibly not-so-minor, depending on how things go) changes around the blog in the next couple weeks.
Okay, that’s all from me for now. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and/or Holiday of your choice (^_^), and I wish you all a Happy New Year! I’ll see you all in 2012!